Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A fancy dinner

My daughter asked me today if we could get the good china and fancy silverware out to have a fancy dinner and eat in the dining room.  I said sure.  So she set the table with all of the fancy china and they met daddy at the door saying, "Welcome sir, would you like us to show you to your table."  So they showed him to the table where we had a fancy meal.  We had chicken ravoli with a white sauce, from scratch the sauce not the ravoli.  Brian even said is was resturant quality and it was quite good (first time I ever made it).  The kids didn't like it, but I decided a long time ago that I don't cook for them.  We had a great time eating and drinking out of the fancy china and crystal.  It reminds me to get it out more often just for the heck of it and at let it is coming out of the closet and china cabinet ever once in awhile.  We should all have fancy dinners sometime on a Wednesday night for no reason at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment