Brian went on his first trip since we have lived in Virginia. We dropped him off at the airport and came home and watched a movie. The kids were very sad as we were reading the Bible story that night and we all prayed that Brian would have a safe trip there and back. We talked about daddy has to do things for work that sometimes we don't like, but we need his job to pay for stuff. They started to cry and said I really miss daddy. I said I miss him too and then something came out of my mouth that I didn't expect,"Be glad that we get to see daddy again in 2 weeks because mommy has friends that their kids don't get to see their daddys again till they get to heaven." I think the Holy Spirit just put it into perspective for me and the kids! Since then the kids have said that too-"At least we get to see him again"
I had to 2 co-workers from preschool last year lose their husband suddenly-one heart aneurysm and one freak accident and I pray for them everyday as they walk through that journey. So as I go through the next two week I am sad, but so thankful that he gets to come home in 2 weeks. I am also thankful for Skype that almost everyday I get to see his face.
I am so thankful for perspective sometimes!
No comments:
Post a Comment