Monday, September 10, 2012

Stop Whining

I have been in a funk lately about moving and everything.  I was really struggling last week and I have been getting up before the kids to be with God for a little while before they get up.  My study that I was doing was in the basement and so I opened my Bible app to just read where it takes me.  The verse of the day for You Verison was John 16:33-
"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me.  Here on earth you will have trials and sorrows.  But take heart, because I have overcome the world."  I then read John 16 and just seeing God overcome the world and I have a house and family and everyone is well.  I have friends who have lost a spouse, lost a child, don't have a job, and really struggling.  I then went on my morning walk and listened to a message that was based on this verse without me knowing and my walk turned into seeing God and turned into 3 miles of praising my God.  I just realized God was telling me to stop whining just like I tell my kids!  So I praised God and told him that I will go through all of this and I don't understand, but I will go and trust him with all of my heart.  If I power through this then I pray for how mighty he will be on the other side.  I will stop whining and praise Him for all that he has given me and I thank God for texting, phones, facebook to be able to see the lives of so many I love and can see their smiles everyday when I miss them.  I pray for those really struggling-so I will stop whinning and praise him that he overcome this world and He is amazing and his creation is awesome.

1 comment:

  1. please remember to give yourself time to adjust...love you and love your heart :)

    ReplyDelete