Monday, November 23, 2009

Happy Halloween...

My kids love superheroes.  Last year they were the traditional superheroes as Wonder Woman and Superman.





This year they decided to go with Flash and Hawk Girl.  The funny thing is people would ask Piper "What are you going to be for Halloween?" and she would say "Hawk Girl", but they would hear "Hot Girl" and laugh and say what is that.  She learned to pronouce Hawk-with a very hard K sound and people still don't know who that is.  For all of you who don't know who that is she is the other girl superhero in the Justice League.  I had also bought their costumes online and loved Christian's, but Piper's didn't fit right so...the night before our Halloween, sorry Costume Parade at preschool I went on the hunt for something.  She already had black leggings, but I needed red underwear, a yellow tank top in the middle of fall, and something to make red boots out of and I needed to get foam board and make wings(the ones that came with the costume were terrible.  I had about an hour and half to go shopping and get back before Brian went to band practice.  I went to 5 or 6 different stores and found what I needed.  The hardest thing to find is non lace red underwear that would be small enough for her.  I think she looked great and my little flash was so fast.





The normal routine on Halloween is for Brian to take the kids trick or treating and I stay back and hand out candy.  I love seeing all of the costumes, but Piper asked if the whole family could go and we could just set a bowl on the front porch for people to take candy.  So we all went as a family and at first Christian was having issues with his costume and would walk about 2 steps every minute and I was not having a good time.  Daddy, who is the patient one, said " You are Flash, the fastest man on earth, let's go."  and finally he became Flash and the trick or treating was fun.  Our neighbors were all out in their driveways and it was so much fun to see everyone.  The kids got tons of candy that I saved about half, because Brian and I keep eating it.  It was a very fun Halloween!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment