Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight

Why am I up at 11:46 p.m. on Christmas because I just had this blog going through my head.  It has been a good day and a very long one.   We sent the kids on a sacvenger hunt first thing for the big present, a trip to Disney World on Jan 10-14 and Piper amazes us with her reading-she read every clue with no help.  They didn't react the way I thought they would- they just wanted to open their other presents.  I think the most exciting part was finding the note Santa left and that he got us plane tickets to Disney-that got a good reaction.  They opened and played with all their presents.

The kids got to have a white Christmas, which has only happened a few times in my life.  I am sure it will happen less in their life as we live in Texas.  They had fun playing on the snow covered trampoline and throwing snowballs at anyone. 

We then set off to Oklahoma thinking the roads had cleared by now.  We got through Texas fine, but OK was hard.  We saw a car on the side of the road about every half mile.  What normally takes us about an 1.5 was taking us about 3 hours and there was not an end in site so after a lot of consideration we decided to not try and take a 10 hour drive to Tulsa and just head for home. So we took a five hour road trip to end up back where we started.  In some ways I love my own bed and my kids sleep good in theirs too.  I am sad to not be there for my niece and nephew's first christmas.  It will be sad to not get to see all of them open their presents and just hang out with family, but I think we made the right decision. I have never had to mail present, but I guess I will be doing that tomorrow.  However, on the way the kids started to ask questions about Disney and really get excited.  I told them once we got home we would look it up on the internet.

We got home and the kids wanted to see the rides at Disney world on the internet.  Piper and Christian had wide eyes as I went through all the pages and Piper said, "Dad, Disney world looks like lots and lots of fun."  They are so excited that we are counting down the days to the plane ride and all the things we get to see  and do at Disney.  We have 15 to go.

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and to all a goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment