Friday, April 26, 2013

Christian's swollen face

My kids very rarely get sick, but Thursday of last week I noticed that Christian's cheek was a little swollen and he said it hurt.  I thought it was a loose tooth that was coming out and hitting a nerve because his gums were swollen and called and got a dentist appt for Monday.  Well, Friday he woke up looking like this:
Pretty bad right so we went to the doctor.  He had a salivary gland obstruction, kind of like a kidney stone except in the mouth.  He started us on antibiotics and told us heat and massage would help get the obstruction out.  So Christian laid on a heating pad all day and I tried to rub it, but it really hurt him.  He didn't look a whole lot better on Saturday and was worried, because the doctor said if it was  not better on Monday that meant surgery.  So we watched movies and laid on the heating pad and I was worried as we were suppose to go to the circus the next day and he was miserable.  Well, the antibiotics and everything kicked in because by Sunday he was his happy self again. 

Funny thing is this is not that common but who else had this same thing this year-one of his best friends, Nevin Harwood.

The doctor was awesome-called us on Saturday to see how he was doing  not his nurse and on Monday.  I think we picked a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment